After some regular discussions with Vikram Vincent and Sankarshan Mukhopadhyay on IRC,I think we can start the ClassRoom program we scheduled some times ago.
Objective: help beginners willing to contribute, to discover the
development side of OpenOffice.org project, and try to solve, or at
least provide some light to : " What, Where, Who, How , Whom ask ..."
questions any newcomer asks.
The logs will be put on the wiki, thus all the community will be able
to access the knowledge, and I expect to see the developers I
contacted to confirm they will contribute.
Because this is the first one, we'll start with the beginning, and
I'll (exceptionaly) start myself the ClassRoom.
Proposed Date: Wednesday 7th of May 2008,
Hour : 11:00 ( Paris hour ) ~ 14:30 India hour ( i.e; Vincent
hour ;-) )
Mode: as IRC meeting. Server : irc.freenode.net Channel :
1) Discover the OpenOffice.org project
Other points, suggested by Vincent Vikram :
2) where is the code
3) I got the code ... now where do I start in the code ?
4) What do I need to know in advance
5) How good is the documentation documentation
Questions from the attendees
Round table with students, and developers, + define the agenda for
the next ClassRooms, including other questions to be prepared in advance
Suggestions ? Opinions ?
Last but not least, please note carefully:
- we have choosen the IRC way, because unfortunaly, not everybody has
a nice Internet connexion, with good bandwidth, and so on.
- if you have a proposal for a better way of communication, please
propose, and organize it !!
- Everything about the content (the log), and _after_ the
presentation (comments, additional links ..etc) will be on the wiki
- ALL contributions are WELCOME : means such thing will work if and
only if _several_ people join the effort and contribute, because we
have to do everything from scratch.